Saturday, February 18, 2006

Things that go bump...

The wind cut right through us as we made the short walk from the van to the terminal of the Moncton Airport. I knew it was going to be a bumpy flight but that seems like an understement now. After about 10 minutes in the air, however, we settled down.

Olivia cried as we waved good bye. I made my way to the end of a long line-up to board the plane. I could have waited, but we had already been trying to talk through the security glass for some time and I could tell the wait wasn't helping. We sat for a long time before we took off. I don't know if they waited to see the plane go or left.

The wind made it a slow trip. Added to the fact that we were about 30 minutes late leaving and it quickly ate into the hour I had to spend in Montreal before catching my flight to Toronto. I ended up waiting only moments before the flight boarded.

And what a difference a flight makes! From Moncton to Montreal, I sat in aisle 1, but ended up in the last seat on the plane from Montreal to Toronto. As I made my way down the aisle, scanning the row numbers, I was beginning to wonder if I was going to be sitting with the luggage.

I now need to find the rest of the group and see what's going on.

Allison

No comments: