Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Getting it done

Not that I'm one to hold back, but I realized earlier this year that there were several things I've always wanted to do, but had never gotten around to doing.

When summer plans started to take shape, I decided I would work in as many of these "you-know-what-I-should-do" events and activities as possible.

Last week, I went to Ottawa and celebrated Canada Day on Parliament Hill -- I've always wanted to do that. Great feeling to stand among 100,000 people and heard spontaneous rounds of O Canada break out. Not so great feeling to be in a gridlock with 100,000 people, all of us trying to leave at the same time and all going in different directions.

This week, I'm working from a campsite that's within view of the ocean. I've been getting up early to do a bit of work (I've scaled back this week), then walking down to the sandbars, settling in with a book and watching the waves roll in. A late afternoon drive to the local vegetable stand, maybe a stop for some fresh seafood -- I could easily settle into a whole summer of working like this.

I'll continue on this path as the summer goes on. Some of the plans actually do include work goals, too!

No comments: